Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Terror Among Us

I know, I know...this has been done to death, but I recently got ahold of a pristine DVD and I decided to cut the best eleven minutes of the movie and set it up for everyone to enjoy. All I've seen over the years are bad video captures and small, low res, badly mangled mpegs....this is clean and crisp.

For those of you familiar with this bad movie of the week from the early 80's, you've tried all these years to forget the abysmal plot and acting but definitely remember the ending. For those of you new to this film, you're in a for a treat.

Originally aired on ABC in 1981, Ted Shackelford (TV's Knots Landing) plays a rapist on parole who threatens the lives and safety of five women who previously testified against him. This thriller is rounded out by a cast including Don Meredith as an over-acting cop who's out to catch the rapist and Sarah Purcell (TV's Real People), Jennifer Salt (TV's Soap), Kim Lankford (TV's Knots Landing) and Sharon Spelman as potential victims.

As I said, the final eleven minutes of this train wreck contain some of the best manstream DiD scenes ever filmed.

Enjoy!



1 comment: